[lbo-talk] Substitutes for MS Office

bryan bryan at indymedia.org.il
Tue Aug 31 11:44:10 PDT 2004

Have you checked out OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org)?

I downloaded it recently OpenOffice-1.1.2(Windows version) and have been playing with it a bit to see how its funtionality stands up, and as a word processor at least (I really haven't checked out the spreadsheet or Powerpoint-esque programs in the suite) it seems to have all the functionality of MS Word that one would need (except perhaps the grammer suggestions option in MS Word, but they are often more irritating than helpful). Plus it can import from and export to Word, make .pdfs, etc.

Its free and they have a Mac version, so it is worth a look at least...

http://www.intranetjournal.com/articles/200308/ij_08_13_03a.html

http://www.zdnet.com.au/insight/0,39023731,20270300,00.htm

Bryan