[lbo-talk] Re: conspiracy theorists

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 17:02:37 PDT 2004

And why did Enron collapse? Where is the scandal? Could it be failed investments in the 'stans oil and gas fields, leveraged at pennies on the dollar, and probably dependent on the Unocal/Afghani pipeline if any profit was to be shown.

I live in California, and honestly, the reason that Enron was able to "gouge" the state is simply because the state has been juggling the books since Prop.13 started having an impact on the state treasury.... rough guess, over the last 10 years. It was hidden from view by the Silicon Valley/Bay Area economic boom, and then the boom went bang.

California was scrimping by not buying enough electricity futures... It was a gamble, and the state of California lost. Gotta blame someone... Couldn't be *our* fault! True addicts... Energy addicts.

[value/opinion = $0.02]

==================================== ---- Original Message ---- From: Lou Johnson To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 4:40 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: conspiracy theorists