[lbo-talk] Re: meat for 9/11 conspiracists]

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 31 18:18:22 PDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:45:14 -0500, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> ...cynical reaction to Watergate was one of the barriers...

{Refrain} Sweet home Alabama, where the skies are so blue Sweet home Alabama, Lord, I'm coming home to you

In Birmingham they love the Gov'nor, hoo hoo hoo Now we all did what we could do Now Watergate does not bother me Does your conscience bother you, tell the truth http://www.lyricsfreak.com/l/lynyrd-skynyrd/86081.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/25/nyregion/25skynyrd.html G.O.P.'s Southern Strategy? Cranking Up Lynyrd Skynyrd
> ...On the Sunday night before the first day of the Republican National
> Convention, the Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd (or its latest
> incarnation) will be performing at the nightclub Crobar in Chelsea for a
> party honoring Southern Republicans in Congress. There are only two
> original members left in the band, but, as the song goes, "a bird you
> cannot change," and the band is still touring and still quite popular in
> the red states. For Sunday's event, the band members are going to be
> paid as if it were any other concert, but their manager, Ross Schilling,
> said money was not the only factor.

"They make no qualms about it: they are definitely a Republican band," he said, adding that the band performed at a party during the Republican National Convention in 2000 and at several campaign stops for President Bush.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/27713.htm LYNYRD SKYNYRD:GOP AND PROUD

Covered by Jewel! Heh!!! http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/sweethomealabama/sweethomealabama.htm -- Michael Pugliese