[lbo-talk] SDS and wikis

Etienne tim_boetie at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 1 06:40:43 PST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:20:57 -0500, "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at verizon.net> said:
> yet to read, what is it that precludes someone who
> has no idea what they are talking about from
> contributing to a wiki.

The fact that someone who _does_ know what they're talking about will come along and correct it (you did correct that article you saw, right?). Which is another way of saying 'nothing', but I don't think it matters very much. After all, nothing prevents people who have no idea what they're talking about from contributing to this mailing list, either, but that doesn't mean we don't learn stuff from it (or at least, I do). --

"There are very few members of the establishment press

who will defend the idea that things like aggressive

flatulence, forced feedings of swill, or even a barely-

muted hostility on the part of the candidate would

justify any kind of drastic retaliation by a professional

journalist - and certainly nothing so drastic as to

cause the Democratic front-runner to cut short a major

speech because some dangerous freak was clawing at his

legs and screaming for more gin."

-- Hunter S. Thompson Tim http://www.huh.34sp.com/