[lbo-talk] same-sexers share the housework

DSR debburz at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 08:42:47 PST 2004

Doug quoted:

Says
> >Rothblum, "There is something about the institution of
> heterosexual
> >marriage that encourages the pattern."

It's a friggin' curse is what it is. The running joke in some gltb circles has been that you can time the split of a couple by when they choose to get "married" via some sort of ceremony, recognized or not.

They could have 2, 10 or 20 premarital years together, but have the ceremony and *bam* they split up within the year. Yeah, it's a gross generalization, of course. I don't see why gay couples would be any less immune to the pitfalls of marriage or divorce rates as it has evolved in the US.

Blech.

- Deborah