[lbo-talk] Re: Christians are Kinky Too!

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 2 11:38:53 PST 2004

Dear List:

Charles quotes:

> Whereas psychology considered masochism as a disease,
pre-nineteenth century religion regarded it as a cure.

Amen.

> The ancients were in touch with the spiritual, physical and
emotional value of masochism. For them, it was an essential part of reality; a combination of the soul in a tortured state, rapturous delight, exquisite pain and unbearable passion that brought them closer to experiencing union with something greater than their individual egos.

One of the best ways I know to help bring about awareness of no-self is through intense bdsm activities. Unfortunately, most people buy into the vanilla sexuality schtick marketed to them. Vanilla is an ice cream flavor, not a sex option.

> They believed that humiliation and physical pain provided a way
in which one could become fully human.

They were doing it for the endorphins. LOL. They just didn't have the integrity to admit it.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister