[lbo-talk] Re: Marketing Dork & Unemployed Pride

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Dec 3 14:56:45 PST 2004

At 8:20 AM -0500 3/12/04, Brian Charles Dauth wrote:

>Forgive me for being unclear. People deformed by raging personal
>desire will not care if they are unemployed, so long as their
>personal fetishes/desires are met. In fact, they will seek to work
>as little as possible so they can devote more and more time to
>fulfilling their desires.

So, for instance, if a person is "deformed" by a "raging personal desire" to meditate as much as possible, that person would not care if she was unemployed? Because their personal fetishes/desire could be met. In fact that person would seek to work as little as possible so she could devote more time to meditation?

In fact, I know someone like that. He's a Buddhist of course. I think it's a bit strong to call his personal philosophy "deformed" though. Would you mind explaining that?

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas