[lbo-talk] International® 7300 CXT;

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Fri Dec 3 18:23:12 PST 2004

Eugene Vilensky wrote:

> For a 12,500 lbs. vehicle, 10 mpg sounds pretty good. My 2,696 lbs.

> Honda only averages around 27.

Your Honda usually carries one passenger to and fro and gets 27 MPG. The 7300 CXT, in usual non-commercial use, carries one passenger and gets 10 MPG. Thus, as a passenger car, your Honda is 170% better than this International 7300.

As for commercial use, I drive a truck with a GVWR of 6200 pounds at work. I was planning on using it tomorrow, but right now it's blocked in the garage at the office behind one of our new work trucks, which has a GVWR of 9200 pounds. (It's not legal for me to drive one of the new trucks until I get a Florida Class D license. I hope they won't make me take an eye exam.) Anyway, since I don't have the key to the new truck so I can move it out of the way, I'll have to load my robotic Geodimeter and tripod and prism rod into the passenger seat of my 2,222 lb. Miata; got to stake those manholes before Monday...

Yours WDK - Wkiernan at ij.net