[lbo-talk] xmas jobs

Eugene Vilensky evilensky at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 18:38:22 PST 2004

Doug said retail fell. That probably is disastrous, but not as much as you'd think. Our store of seven would hire maybe two more (mall music chain). The sunglass hut would probably add 1 in addition to the one already there...etc.

With Walmart it probably just means assistant managers working more 75 hour weeks for $16,500 a year.

I'd be interested in hearing opinions on the discouraged, seeing as how total unemployment fell.