[lbo-talk] Tommy Thompson Is Terrified...of food

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 19:14:14 PST 2004

Thompson to Leave Cabinet, Rumsfeld Stays

By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld — scarred by postwar violence and prison scandal in Iraq — accepted President Bush request that he remain for the second-term Cabinet. Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson resigned Friday, warning as he left of a possible terror attack on the nation's food supply.

"For the life of me, I cannot understand why the terrorists have not attacked our food supply because it is so easy to do," Thompson said as announced his departure. "We are importing a lot of food from the Middle East, and it would be easy to tamper with that."

Thompson's resignation broadened the exodus that has emptied more than half of Bush's Cabinet before he takes the oath of office for a second term. In all, eight members of the 15-person Cabinet have said they will leave.

[...]

full at

,http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20041204/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/bush_cabinet

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.289 / Virus Database: 265.4.4 - Release Date: 11/30/2004