[lbo-talk] Publishing on the Left

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Dec 5 12:03:49 PST 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>It would be interesting to hear from you, Doug, John Mage, Dave
>Finkel, etc. about who reads the publications they edit and what
>sort of feedback they get from their audiences.
>--

As far as I can tell, the kinds of people who read LBO have a lot in common with the Nation's audience, though probably more intellectual and more left. There are some exceptions, for sure - I get mail from subscribers who are self-educated workers without high-priced educations who appreciate the translation of the arcana of political economy in to reasonably clear prose. But I think most of my readers are pretty highly educated. I look to the radio show to reach a more popular audience.

The feedback is usually of a very high quality - very thoughtful, well-informed, and engaged. It's very gratifying.

Doug