[lbo-talk] Re: Basic economics book

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Tue Dec 7 10:12:06 PST 2004

>From: Yann Morvan
>I sometimes feel I lack necessary basic economics notions to fully understand some mechanisms. I haven't even looked yet but I assume there are loads of "introduction to economics" books, some of which ideologicaly biased, so I was hoping people on the list could recommend a good one.

Hey Yann, I too have been teaching myself basic economics after reading some of D. Hen-wood's articles. Well there are a few ideas... and I wonder what the reaction will be:

* Thomas Sowell "*Basic Economics"* [warning: he is republican] * Noam Chomsky "*Profit Over People*" [warning: this book will really piss of people like Oliver Kamm & Brad De Long] * Used textbooks ~ if you live near a collage, go to the thrift store. I found 2 Economic textbook (under $3.00), 2 Microeconomic (under $3.00), 3 Macroeconomic (under $3.00), 1 Statistics textbook (under $3.00), 1 International Business textbook (under $4.00), J K Galbraith "*Economics and the Public Purpose*" (used for $1.48)... if only I was able to read these bloody books. Damn you fucking learning disorder, and slow reading problem. Damn you to hellllll (pardon my Shakespearian ending). Thomas * *