[lbo-talk] Re: Publishing on the Left...something

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Dec 7 17:51:30 PST 2004

``But unless I've missed something, there actually was no revolution in France then [1967]'' Jon Johanning

It was 1968. You've forgotten.

The history of it is in Twenty Years on: May 68 Revisited, Daniel Singer, here:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1132/is_n2_v40/ai_6793025

I've forgotten if Singer is in or out these days. The article is pretty good. It is interesting to recall that the French Communist Party betrayed its own more radical labor constituency something along the lines of the US Democrats---to gain more `centrist' support. Very familiar stuff.

CG