[lbo-talk] Sachs turns even more human

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 07:19:36 PST 2004

--- Brad DeLong <delong at econ.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I'd put it much more strongly. Jeff sees himself as
> being as far left
> as you can be without losing touch with reality...
>

> Brad

By the way, what is up with this bullshit on your website?

September 04, 2004 The Emergence of Weimar Russia Chris Bertram marks another stage in the emergence of Weimar Russia:

Chris Bertram marks another stage in the emergence of Weimar Russia:

Crooked Timber: Putin's speech : I just read the transcript of Putin’s speech following the murders in Beslan. In it, Putin expresses nostalgia for the old USSR. Obviously it is intended for a domestic audience and plays to their concerns and expectations. What should we make of the following passage? And who are the “they” of the penultimate paragraph below?

http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/2004-2_archives/000123.html

What the fuck is this crap? __EVERYBODY__ in Russia expresses nostalgia for the USSR. HOW DARE THOSE RUSSIANS NOT HATE THE COUNTRY THAT THEY REMEMBER FONDLY! HOW DARE THOSE RUSSIANS NOT WANT TO BE LIKE CHRIS BERTRAM!!!!!

And the "they" are the special services of Turkey and Pakistan, among other people.

"Weimar Russia" is a trope invented by people of small minds who don't know what the fuck they are talking about. For one thing, Russian nationalism barely exists. Hello!?!? There is no Russian nation to be nationalistic about.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!