[lbo-talk] Keep the war in Iraq naivete

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Dec 8 08:34:54 PST 2004

Keep the war in Iraq

Re: Jack Lessenberry's editorial "We must get out of Iraq - now <http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=6984> " (Detroit area's Metro Times, Nov. 17), you may be right about some of what you wrote, but in chatting with more than one serviceman, I have learned that the Iraqi people as a whole want us over there to help them have peace in their country and help with rebuilding it after the terrorists have torn them down. If we pull out that is telling the terrorists that we are afraid of them and to come and get us. Is that what we want? To be destroyed? Sure, we can sit back and say that we have done all that we can do, but won't that tell the rest of the world that we are so weak as a country that they can overtake us? That is also telling them that we approve of them hitting the twin towers and killing so many of our people. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, but I hope that we stand up for what is right and protect our country from the terrorists. -Karen Beecher, Yates Center, Kan.