[lbo-talk] Back in the belly of the beast

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 8 15:10:14 PST 2004

>I've been traveling lately and I am pretty sure that my fellow lbo-ers miss
>the daily dollops of my misanthropy :). Now I am back, and to make up for
>what you've missed here is my latest:
>
>The US is like a shithouse - you have to go away for a while and then come
>back to realize how much it really stinks.
>
>If there is a hope that we will see a better world order - it will not
>happen here. Perhaps in Asia, or Latin America, or even Europe - but not
>here. US-ers will sooner die of media-induced fear and choke on their own
>shit than change their lazy and arrogant ways.
>
>Wojtek

I too am glad you are back. If you truly believe what is written above then why are you here? I don't mean this in a snide way but if you really believe that any hope for a better world lies elsewhere what are you striving for here? There is no way to ask the question politely but if this is your believe are you just here waiting to die? I can see how offensive this question seems but I am serious. Without hope what else is there?

John Thornton