[lbo-talk] Why Jews Hate Republicans, Part XVIV

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 9 07:40:36 PST 2004

: [lbo-talk] Why Jews Hate Republicans, Part XVIV

> "FOX News Channel host Bill O'Reilly responded to a
> Jewish caller to his radio show who objected to
> "Christmas going into schools" and explained that he
> "grew up with a resentment because I felt that people
> were trying to convert me to Christianity." O'Reilly
> told the caller that America is "a predominantly
> Christian nation" and that "if you are really
> offended, you gotta go to Israel." O'Reilly labeled
> the caller's concerns "an affront to the majority" and
> insisted that "the majority can be insulted, too."
> During his exchange with the caller, O'Reilly also
> mistakenly referred to "the seven candles" of
> Hanukkah."
>
> http://mediamatters.org/items/200412070004

O'Reilly and Company would not be saying this and similar things if it did not resonate with the majority (or at least a big part) of the US population. These guys are selling a product and would not say anything that alienates their customers.

So if anyone has a problem with the message, do not kill the messenger.

Wojtek