[lbo-talk] Canadian Prime Minister: Canada is "world's most Po-Mo country"

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 21:56:09 PST 2004

"The prime minister urged members of all parties to carefully consider the issue [gay marriage] before voting, saying the proposed legislation will ensure the "equal treatment of all Canadians."

He acknowledged the issue is divisive, but said Canadians can handle the debate.

"I think this will engender a debate across the country," said Martin. "We are a very mature nation and can undertake the debate."

Canada is the "world's most post-modern country" and can take the lead in this issue, he said."

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=001268