[lbo-talk] Diet Pills = Gay Babies . . . Not!

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Dec 12 16:06:11 PST 2004

At 05:15 PM 12/12/2004, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>Brian wrote:
>
>> >Miles criticized the metholodogy of the study. That's not homophobia.
>>
>>But how can Miles criticize something that I did not post and has yet to be
>>published? There was no methodology in what I posted and the article
>>has not been published in a journal yet.

Oh please Brian. If the entire study isn't available and you haven't read it, why bother to post an article about it and then complain about Miles' criticisms? If you're so concerned about the issues, you should have waited until you'd read the research yourself.

Miles does a public service to everyone on this whenever he brings up these issues. Some fuckstick writing an article who knows nothing about the issues, will pull information from some damn press release ferchrisakes, publish it as if there's is an incontrovertible cause and effect, publish it withou all the cautions and caveats that ought normally be included in a scholarly research article and then the naive public runs around parroting it all. Thankfully, MIles has provided some food for thought. Win friends! Influence people! Dazzle them with critical thinking skills!

LOL

And, as Yoshie points out below, and anyone with an experienced eye could have told you from the ARTICLE, the authors of the press release from which that turdball of an article was derived were making wild and wonderous claims based on a miniscule population. Whenever some turdball article tells you "300% more X than Y" you can bet someone is twirling out some b.s.

kelley

hmmm. I've been refinishing furniture all day. The fumes. Damn. Maybe I'll give birth to a lezbean if I keep sniffing stripping solvent?

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling