[lbo-talk] In control, yet "oppressed"

John Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 08:40:31 PST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:29:08 -0500, Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:
> > The fundamental dilemma of the neo-Nazis: if the Jews are so inferior
> > and the Aryans so superior, how is it that the Jews own everything and
> > run every government on the planet while the Aryans are forced to wear
> > bedsheets and meet in the Louisiana swamps lest they be wiped out?
>
> That is not a dilemma at all. Fascism is a very dynamic ideology, a social
> movement par excellence - it aims to reverse a decline caused by "unnatural"
> ways of doing things and bring things back to its "natural normal. The
> "unnatural ways" include various forms of weakness (the "strong" Aryans
> failed to smash their enemies), perversion (anything from "bleeding heart"
> promiscuity to homosexuality became "normal"), and conspiracy (the
> untermenschen, such as Jews and other "inferior" species took the advantage
> of Aryan temporary weakness to spew a web of conspiracy to advance their
> interests).

Thanks for this response -- I felt like I got stomped, but in a kindly way, and I really appreciate it. One point I took away from it, which you didn't explicitly say, is that my sense of moral superiority is all well and good, but it gets in the way of me understanding what's actually happening ideologically. Naturally, the first step in combatting this disease is understanding it, so I wasn't helping.

Again, thanks. -- John

-- John S Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com "The Sun, with all the planets revolving around it, and depending on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as though it had nothing else in the Universe to do." -- Galileo Galilei