[lbo-talk] Russian benefits

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 09:08:42 PST 2004

http://www.masterpage.com.pl/outlook/solidarityredux.html

> Benefits package?

Assuming that Poland uses the Russian system, that's what it would mean, except that the sotspaket referred to in the info I sent is a government payment. The Russian help wanted ads usually say something like "seeking a blah blah blah, steady work, from 7,000 rubles a month plus sotspaket."

BTW I just looked on a Russian job-search portal for reference, and, of the 430 jobs advertised throughout the former Soviet Union, 380 were in Moscow. The fSU extends across 11 time zones, and 380 out of 430 were in ONE CITY, though admittedly the fourth-largest city in teh world in terms of population (about 10% of the Russian population lives in Moscow or just around it). That should tell you something of the economic centralization (and extent of Internet penetration, of course). The Golden City on the Hill!

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!