[lbo-talk] Thunderbird - Reclaim Your Inbox

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Dec 14 14:13:27 PST 2004

On Dec 14, 2004, at 12:05 PM, ravi wrote:

> i don't want to spend too much time discussing technical/UI issues on
> LBO, so i will restrict myself to one response:
>
> its not just an issue of bandwidth. its also one of readability. your
> point about commercial email requiring reference is unclear to me.

I was attempting to explain why many email products default to top posting and 'copy entire content' in replies. The intent is to encourage the inclusion of an entire thread in an email exchange to preclude an employee spending unnecessary time searching for the history of a thread in their mail storage. It is an issue of employee productivity. If this is still unclear I hope that someone else can clarify what I mean for you.

Martin