[lbo-talk] Nader: Mom's Recipes, Dad's Sayings

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Dec 14 15:53:40 PST 2004

Doug Henwood crossposted:

> [life was so much less alienated when Ralph was a kid....]
>
> Dear Friend,
>
> I grew up in a small New England town - Winsted, Connecticut.
>
> Today, it's X-box, television, videos, DVDs, computers - non-stop
> screens and noise.

An intriguing geopolitical slip: the Playstation 2 and Gameboy are the true superpowers of the videogame world.

I have great respect for what Nader has achieved, and I've sworn an oath to concentrate my firepower on the minions of $auron, but I have to say this: the time for appeals to the conscience of Empire is past. We have to *cognize* that Empire for the monstrous construction it is -- in order not to turn into that monster ourselves.

-- DRR