[lbo-talk] Spam questions

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Dec 14 17:50:25 PST 2004

today, spam is the work of a handful of outfits. the reason why there's so much is that the spammers colluded with malware writers to take over unprotected machines, turning them into zombies using remote access trojans (RATs). Unlike malware from the past, where the authors wanted attention, these guys want to slip the sucker on your machine with your knowledge. Think of the hordes of people with powerful machines, 24/7 cable/dsl connections. Once all those machines are compromised, it's a simple matter of turning them into spam relays. Voila!

more anon if you're interested. i think i'm still lightheaded from stripping.

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling