[lbo-talk] Nader: Mom's Recipes, Dad's Sayings

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Dec 14 20:16:26 PST 2004

At 10:34 PM 12/14/2004, qualiall at adelphia.net wrote:

>---- snit snat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > i couldn't believe the interviewer asked if he'd run for prezdinet again.
> > won't ralf be, like, 99 or something? I know the guy did some great work,
> > but an inspiring guy, he's not. and once you've heard one spiel, it seems
> > like you've heard it all. blah blah blah whine drone.
> >

> > kelley
> >

>Maybe not the whine part, but as far as the drone part, can the same thing
>be said about Noam?

i've never really heard noam and, his writing is so fucking convoluted and long winded, i really don't have the patience for the guy. i can tolerate him in small chuncks. to me, he just never seems to get to the point. but, again, i haven't sampled him all that much. maybe there are better interviews. at any rate, i couldn't compare the two.

>Perhaps you just mean what RN was saying was without substance?

no. maybe it's just that it's old hat to me. yeah, wow, the two parties are, like, totally the same. really? wow.

i can't remember what the question was, all i know was that he didn't answer it. instead, he went on and on about how the democrats spent a ton of money to keep him off the ballot. boo fuckin' hoo. i'm with nathan: the point is to win and the democrats pursued whatever means they could to win. similarly, the republicans pursued whatever means they could to win. crying about that seems totally pathetic, especially when ralf appears to have turned a blind eye to the fact that republicans were funneling money into his campaign (in an effort to do whatever they could to win, as well). whatever.

like i've said before: i've remained agnostic about ralf for years now, not wanting to get involved in personal attacks on him. i don't care that he bought a bizillion pairs of socks in 1964 and has never had to buy socks again. i don't really even care about his backward attitudes toward gays and women. i DID give a shit when he called a member of the CBC a racist because they called him a "white man." _anyone_ who would pplay the reverse racism card is a scumbag who doesn't "get it." ralf is surrounded by the types of people who should "get it" and should have made him "get it" before he opened his yap. he doesn't have a structural analysis of racism, in other words. and, when I read stuff since then that indicates that he's an anti-communist. well....

whine whine drone blah blah blah drone. whine drone blah blah whine drone.

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling