[lbo-talk] class warfare

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Wed Dec 15 12:27:14 PST 2004

On Dec 15, 2004, at 12:32 PM, Michael Dawson wrote:

> What possible impact could it have? Unlike NPR, which is atrocious in
> other
> ways, it isn't a news outlet. It is what rightist talk radio is,
> except
> even more naked and direct about it, and much less maverick: a funnel
> into
> one of the two Parties. AA is 100% DP propaganda. They only take
> DP-compatible guests, and the spin and limit every topic to comport
> with DP
> policies and actions. Randi Rhodes frequently launches into
> discourses on
> how Bill Clinton was the ultimate president, what with his desire for
> small
> government and all. Franken is an unfunny sourpuss who seems to think
> he's
> some kind of genius. Jeanine Garafalo is their best person, and you
> can
> hear her straining to confine her talk to DP limits.

Haven't heard Randi or Jeanine yet -- I only listen at certain times of the day. As to whether it is 100% DP propaganda, that's as it may be. Unlike you and a number of other LBO-ers, I don't harbor a visceral hatred of the DP -- some of my best friends are Democrats. -) I just find AA more interesting than most of the talk shows on NPR.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ The mass of man[sic]kind is divided into two classes, the Sancho Panzas who have a sense for reality, but no ideals, and the Don Quixotes with a sense for ideals, but mad. -- George Santayana (Interpretations of Poetry and Religion)