[lbo-talk] meanwhile, the US working class......

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Dec 18 13:15:51 PST 2004

There's a lot of folks who don't think they've made it if they don't have a new car. I have never made a car payment in my life (that's 35 years of car ownership) and, of course, if you drive old cars, insurance is much, much cheaper. If you get good old cars, the repairs are minimal too. Mostly maintenance, like any other car.

But the problem with being poor is that it's very expensive. You pay more for everything. And those college debts basically mean a life of indentured servitude: first pay the school loans off, then pay the house off, then die.

Lovely,

Joanna