[lbo-talk] "pale male" ... question to new yorkers...

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon Dec 20 07:31:17 PST 2004

John Thornton wrote:
>>i am probably going to regret bringing this up, but is anyone else
>>irritated with this pale male business?
>
> Peoples delicate sensibilities get thrown out of whack when they see the
> occasional half eaten carcass of a pigeon but they can walk by homeless
> people unperturbed. <...>

yeah, its quite like the hypocrisy of people protesting for one animal (because its of passing interest to them) while slaughtering more than a billion of them each year, isn't it?

> I also knew a NYer who thought that if you went someplace like OK or
> NM if you went outside of town an Indian might actually scalp you but
> that isn't related to the point I'm making.

yeah he's wrong. he doesn't have to go out of town to be afraid of indians. there are a bunch of them right in town in flushing meadows and astoria! but then again, i have met indians who think if they went into town some white or black dude is going to beat them to pulp...

--ravi