[lbo-talk] "pale male" ... question to new yorkers...

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Tue Dec 21 07:46:31 PST 2004

On Dec 20, 2004, at 1:35 PM, John Thornton wrote:

> This woman thought that WASPy types would be scalped and that the
> authorities would be unable to protect her and others from Indian
> savagery because efforts to pacify Indians had somehow failed in these
> areas of the country. A preposterous belief.

Or perhaps a rather endearing eccentricity (at least to her friends and relatives)?

> This doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see Charles Krauthammers scalp
> hanging in my living-room next to my paintings. (was that in poor
> taste?)

Yes, but entirely forgivable. Perhaps we can start a contest for other nominees for that particular art gallery. Of course, there would be a lot of nominees. :-)

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ Rob the average man of his life-illusion and you rob him of his happiness at one stroke. (Henrik Ibsen, "The Wild Duck")