[lbo-talk] Fw: So... What Do Canadians Have To Be Proud Of?

Leigh Meyers leigh_m at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 21 11:32:10 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: George Lessard To: NEWSROOM-L at LISTS.NETSPACE.ORG Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 11:23 AM Subject: [NEWSROOM-L] SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF? Counting our blessings at year's end.

SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF? Counting our blessings at year's end. http://www.straightgoods.ca/ViewFeature3.cfm?REF=902

Excerpts

11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure...

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone. Anywhere. EVER.

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing...but showed up just in time to get caught.

[...]

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

[...]

BUT MOST IMPORTANT!

24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!

...oh yeah...and our elections only take one day.

NetSpace LISTSERV(R) software donated by L-Soft, Inc. http://www.lsoft.com