[lbo-talk] The Occupation

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 13:02:27 PST 2004

--- lweiger at umich.edu wrote:

> Why? So they can drive the bodycount up? I suspect
> most Iraqis wouldn't mind
> the US presence if we'd been able to provide
> security--the principle aim of the
> insurgency has been to make this impossible.

The principle aim of the insurgency is to resist the US occupation. Name one occupation in history that hasn't been met with resistance. And the resistance WILL continue, guaranteed, as long as the US maintains a presence. Does this mean there will be security or stability when the US leaves, and its quislings are expelled? Probably not.