[lbo-talk] red states, blue movies

Guilherme groschke at luminousvoid.net
Wed Dec 22 10:39:34 PST 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Doug Henwood wrote:
> In this world of irony, corporate leaders at companies as diverse as
> News Corp., Marriott International and Time Warner can profit by
> selling red state consumers the very material that red state culture
> is supposed to despise. Those elites then funnel the proceeds to the
> GOP, which in turn has used the money to successfully convince red
> state voters that the other political party is solely responsible for
> the decline of the civilization.

http://members.aol.com/drovics/fordl.htm Henry Ford Was A Fascist by David Rovics

Ford built tanks for the Nazis And the Nazis used those tanks To kill off lots of soldiers In the U.S. Army ranks Yes, Henry Ford was a fascist And a nasty one was he He'd build tanks for anyone For the proper fee

Henry Ford spoke to his lackeys And he said, "isn't this great? "We'll attack our enemies "And we'll retaliate!" Henry Ford was a fascist And a cunning liar, too A brownshirt with a swastika Draped in red, white and blue