[lbo-talk] Re: plagarism watch

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Thu Dec 23 10:29:14 PST 2004

Wrong and wrong. I never said playwrights or anybody else creates in isolation. I said they create. You replied by denying that, saying that all work is merely channeling of pre-existing gifts. Poppycock.

Individuals add nuance to past achievements, but nuance is often the basis for huge leaps forward in human welfare. This is only philosophically difficult if you insist on treating it as so.

And, again, where did I ever say anything about market prices, etc.? You and your fellow individual-deniers slapped me with the charge that because I advocate an LTOP, I must be a backdoor liberal. That your mental blockage, not mine. I'm a Marxist on this question. LTOV and LTOP are bedrock to philosophy and social science, as Marx himself understood. Their meaning is well-explained by Robert Meister. They are categories of moral accounting.