[lbo-talk] Reconstruction forges ahead!

John Bizwas bizwas at lycos.com
Fri Dec 24 04:35:15 PST 2004

Ever wonder just how many DID live in Fallujah? I believe the population has been seriously misstated to make it a smaller figure. US mainstream (right wing) media stay away from estimates that say Fallujah, at one time, had nearly 500,000 people. Imagine if an invading army forced an evacuation of Cleveland so they could destroy the city in order to fight 10,000 'rebels'. --F

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=586&e=2&u=/nm/20041224/wl_nm/iraq_falluja_dc

>>Falluja Returnees Angry, 'City Unfit for Animals'
By Fadil al-Badrani FALLUJA, Iraq (Reuters) - Iraqis reacted with anger, frustration and resentment Friday after many returned to Falluja to discover their homes in rubble and their livelihoods ruined following last month's U.S. offensive.

"I saw the city and al-Andalus destroyed," said Ali Mahmood, 35, referring to the district of the city he returned to briefly Thursday but now plans to leave after seeing the mess. >>

As if to prove the point:

http://coe-dmha.org/HARIraq.cfm

-- _______________________________________________ Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10