[lbo-talk] Ahmed Rashid on Uzbekistan:Karimov contributing to his own demise

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 08:38:36 PST 2004

For what it's worth, the head waitress at the cafe near my apartment where I go to imbibe (hic) is half-Russian/half-Uzbek fron Taskkent, and visits her parents there frequently. According to her, Uzbekistan is in a really bad situation, with Karimov on the one hand and the Wahabbis on the other basically feeding off each other. (She's Muslim herself.)

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!