[lbo-talk] Conservative Students Target Liberal Profs

Samuel Waite haymarket326 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 13:07:49 PST 2004

It seems to me the image of a monolithic left-wing academia is overstated, and serves a purpose similar to that of the "liberal media" myth. John K. Wilson in The Myth of Political Correctness does a good job of articulating this point. For every sociology department there's an economics department, and for every Berkeley there's a Brigham Young.

Also, the survey they mention in that article was conducted by the American Enterprise Institute and had some really stunning (and probably deliberate) methodological flaws, such as including a vastly disproportionate number of women's studies profs.