[lbo-talk] All conscripts to leave Chechnya by January 1, 2005, Putin says

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 08:52:58 PST 2004

12/24/2004 9.00 a.m. UTC All conscripts to leave Chechnya by January 1, 2005, Putin says

Not a single Defense Ministry conscript will remain in Chechnya starting with January 1, 2005, President Vladimir Putin of the Russian Federation told a press conference in Moscow. All Defense Ministry conscripts will leave the Chechen republic by January 1, 2005; starting with January 1, 2006, not a single serviceman of the Russian Interior Ministry's military units must remain in Chechnya, Vladimir Putin noted.

We will continue to establish a professional army, the Russian leader went on to say. We do not aspire for a completely professional army; however, professional permanent-readiness units will be established, the Russian head of state noted. We must stop sending conscripts to hot spots during the first stage; naturally enough, this concerns our country, in the first place. I am talking about the North Caucasus and the Chechen republic, Vladimir Putin said in conclusion.

http://www.chechnyafree.ru/index.php?lng=eng&section=newsarceng&row=12

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!