[lbo-talk] Missing the Marx

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 29 11:11:42 PST 2004

Michael Dawson wrote:

> Well, the argument was not really over whether wages and profits are legally
> correct under capitalism. Nobody disputes that. The argument was over
> whether paying wages for work-time while capitalists keep the surpluses
> created by wage laborers is exploitation. In other words, whether
> capitalist property is stolen and unethical.

Sigh.

Yes, it is exploitative -- and the object of the workers' movement is to overturn this exploitative CMP.

No, it is NOT "stolen and unethical."

Can't you even state with minimal accuracy what Justin & I are saying. If you can't read us accurately, why should you expect us to take seriously your reading of anyone else?

Carrol