[lbo-talk] Missing the Marx

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 20:06:34 PST 2004

Exploitation is as ethically charged
> as it is real. Anybody who
> > denies that is not a Marxist in precisely the
> sense KM used that phrase.

As far as I know the only time Marx use the expression "Marxist" was to say that he wasn't one, in a statement (in French) quoted by Engels. "Je ne pas Marxiste," he is reported to have said in response to the effusions of certain admirers.

Btw, I am NOT a Marxist, I'm a liberal democrat. There is no pointin calling yourself a "Marxist" today, it's just a way to alienate yourself from your purported constituency, or maybe give yourself an (unpopular) academic brand.