[lbo-talk] Missing the Marx

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 30 04:55:28 PST 2004

Justin wrote:

I am a Hayekian. Hayek's idea was that markets are information systems, not straw-bosses. The point is that people cannot know enough if they have to plan how many buttons and how much broccoli they will need -- but mnarkets give people who are interested in making profits spedcial incentives to find out without central coordination. No planning board can do as well outside certain areas where supply and demand is highly predictable. ***********************************

Broccoli planning: how much did we use? How much was left on the shelf? Plan accordingly.

Regards, Mike B)

===== ******************************************************************* Direct action gets satisfaction. http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal