[lbo-talk] Reich on sex & religion

Manjur Karim piashkarim at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 09:17:26 PST 2004

In case you haven't noticed, religion has immense emotional, spiritual, epistemological, political, cultural functions (I am not making a functional sociological argument) for a huge number of people on this planet and many of those functions have phenomenal practical consequences. We may or may not like those consequences, but that is a different question altogether.

Manjur

Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:
>From: joanna bujes
>
>... it does not seem right that one could talk about God and chairs in the
>same way.

Correct. After all, the concept of a chair serves some useful purpose.

Carl