[lbo-talk] Re: Soviet Children's Picture Books, Etc.

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 07:28:19 PST 2004

Michael Pugliese GHENADIY RAIKOV (leader of the People's deputy group):

- Thank God that in Russia the election of a politician who admits his homosexuality is impossible - nobody would vote for him. Homosexuality is a perversion. Well, anyways, in March we are going to pass a law which will criminalize homosexuality. And I can assure you that then no one will dare to say that he is gay anymore!

by Marina Ozerova translated by Dmitry Kitsov and Craig Desoer

--- Me: Yes, we must all beware the mighty People's Party. This is one of a dozen or so tiny groups probably created by the Kremlin to siphon off opposition votes. They got what in the Duma elections, 0.8%?

Zhirinovsky reacted to the criminalizing homosexuality bill in typical fashion, by saying "we should criminalize lesbianism too!" Which sounds really goofy to Russian ears. Which was the point, as is usual with Zhirinovsky.

_________________________________________________________________ Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here. https://broadband.msn.com