[lbo-talk] RE: Star drek

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Sun Feb 1 08:42:32 PST 2004

On Saturday, January 31, 2004, at 09:22 PM, joanna bujes wrote:

> There was a pretty good movie "High Art" -- a few years ago that
> showed a few scenes of lez sex. Not particularly steamy. Other than
> that, I can't think of any movie featuring women lovers that was
> half-way decent. Top film orgasm of all time still remains Hedy
> Lamarr's in "Ecstasy." (Ooooold movie but available on video ...Yes, I
> do know she was a brain, which only adds to the enjoyment.)

well, there's also "bound", which is pretty steamy, iirc, and not a bad movie, and then there's a famous scene with susan sarandon and (gay icon) catherine deneuve in the 80s vampire flick, "the hunger", which also features bowie, although he dies early.

i think you find us pointing to pr0n on this issue because it's the clearest contemporary cultural expression we have of lez sex as male fantasy (as opposed to lez sex as part of, oh, i don't know, women's sexual fantasies?). that doesn't mean it's the end of the story.

fwiw