[lbo-talk] Lynne Stewart

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Sun Feb 1 09:49:15 PST 2004

for those few who like that sort of thing, the motions filed last week in Lynne Stewart's case are now up in pdf form on her defense website at <http://www.lynnestewart.org> warning: they're 2.3MB and 204 pages long. my own contribution is in the sections dealing with the charging of (multiple) inchoate offenses (in this case there's an unprecedented charge of conspiring to facilitate a conspiracy...don't ask me to explain - the point is there is no meaning, it's just an accusatory scream). but the part i'd recommend to the (heh) general reader is the section starting on our p.116 (or p.149 of the pdf) in which Tigar does some screamingly brilliant writing on the use of the terms "terror" and "jihad" as surplusage in the indictment.

john mage