[lbo-talk] Lynne Stewart

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 16:13:05 PST 2004

>Her indictment is an
> outrage.

Of course it is.

Quoting
> things like this makes you an apologist for the
> prosecution. I doubt
> you intend that, but you can't control the
> interpretations.

This seems like a contradiction. How can you call him an "apologist" for the prosecution in one sentence and then say that you doubt that he "intended" that in the next? Either he intended it like that and is an apologist or he didn't intend it like that and he isnt an apologist.

Of course, within the context of the thread, I "think" Michael was trying to give an example of those who would justify islamic fundamentalist and stalinist crimes.

One can deplore the prosecution "AND" be critical of Ms. Stewart's statements, can't they? Or is there something flawed and reactionary about boolean algebra?

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"