[lbo-talk] Re: Hey list philosophers...

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Feb 3 13:10:17 PST 2004

``..The relativity was to some extent in Kant, because of the absence of absolutes..''

Better go back and read the Critique of Practical Reason again.

Yup. Your right. Luckily that wasn't in the piece, but in the note to Diane Monaco. Morality is a matter of following absolutes.

However you can plug just about any content that is consistent into that---I guess that is what I intended to say---so there is an implicit relativity at work. The consequence is that heaven and hell are both moral orders, as long as both are rational and consistent. I think that is how the argument goes...

Chuck Grimes