[lbo-talk] RE: Theory of porn

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Feb 3 23:23:22 PST 2004

"** I'll take your word for it. But I'm not disputing the existence of images of nudity and oral sex prior to the 19th century, I'm claiming that the genre didn't exist... or, at the very least, I'm saying that the modern porn industry is unique in history --> both in terms of its form and much of its content."

Why unique? Lots of popular forms were industrialized in the nineteenth century? Modern porn was one of them. It now has the artfulness of a bad commercial. It's actually a fairly degraded form of what Catullus, Ovid, Hokusai, ...even Sade practiced.

Joanna