[lbo-talk] Re: Theory of Porn

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 4 07:24:15 PST 2004

Dear List:

> "does anyone seriously think of the decameron as porn, except in the hands of a lame-ass film-maker? and why not chaucer? didn't pasolini do a softporn version of the canterbury tales, too? likewise ovid,
although pasolini i think never got to that one."

I do not think Pasolini rates as a lame-ass director. Salo is a great movie. If porn is what arouses you, then his version of The Decameron gets both my mind and my body hard. He also did The Canterbury Tales and The Arabian Nights (his Trilogy of Life).

Maybe porn is just the name for sexual material offered for sale which is condemned by society. For me the most pornographic thing I ever read was Burroughs' Naked Lunch. Fed my youthful fantasies for years LOL.

Once society accepts the material it becomes erotica.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister