[lbo-talk] Re: Theory of Porn

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 4 11:00:46 PST 2004

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

> conversely, do you see erotica put front and center on display at the
> barnes & noble? i'm not saying that constitutes acceptance,

Reprints of Victorian porn plus new stuff was on sale front & center in chain bookstores in the early '70s. These were stores that opened on to the main walkway of malls & anyone could stroll through the arch and be immediately confronted with a large display of the stuff. And teenagers could still get the stuff easily in the mid '80s. I'm not sure when it disappeared.

Carrol