[lbo-talk] Kerry vs. Bush: no contest?

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:05:30 PST 2004

I wonder to what extent the ascendance of Kerry and the demise of Dean change the calculus of people who have urged Nader not to run? Even I was finding myself trying to rationalize supporting Dean's campaign and I even feel a little sad that he is out of the running. I felt really bad for him when he sputtered through Al Sharpton's scurrilous attacks on him for not hiring blacks last December (which I thought was weird, but now I know why http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0405/barrett.php) Anyway, what I am wondering is: does a Kerry candidacy change the rationale for not wanting Nader to run? I'm sure for most the answer is of course not, but I suspect that much of the anti-Nader sentiment was based on the palatableness of Dean.....?